12 November 2007

Computer Repairs, Old Navy and Creating Blogs From The Formless Stuff

It's amazing how things can just start rolling in the right direction, and with little effort.

I have been pounding The SGR Program into my skull. I listen to it while I work the morning shifts at Old Navy. I am the janitor there, and you know, I don't mind saying that. It is the cleanest, gosh-darned, cotton-pickin' Old Navy I have ever seen. And it keeps getting cleaner. As I let The Science of Getting Rich seep into every cell in my body, I noticed a shift in how I viewed my job. I no longer think of it as an inconvenience. I actually have reversed the feelings by finding things I really like. The people are wonderful, I get a great workout, I'm home by 9:30 am. Pretty nice. I don't even remember the reasons for not liking it.

A buddy of mine, we'll call him Superman, had some computer issues at work, and being the nerd that I am, he called me. He and I did some time at Starbucks a while back. He's also into The Secret. His computer issues were an easy fix, for a geek. I was paid handsomely for doing something I love to do. But most importantly, I helped a friend. I think I'm starting to get this SGR thing. Superman has since called me over to his house to rebuild a computer. Life is grand.

I was at Keedy's with Superman the other day having breakfast. Keedy's is a local diner that has been recognized as a State of California Landmark. It is a local favorite in Palm Desert. We were discussing the internet and blogs and such. I was explaining what a blog is and what it's purpose is and so on. Although he had no clue what a blog was before breakfast, he seemed really enthusiastic and excited while I was telling him about it. Later that same day, he calls me up and says that he has started a blog. How awesome is that? You can see his new blog here. You will also see why I call him Superman.

Superman has inspired my girlfriend and I to start blogs on our favorite subjects. My girlfriend started a blog about experiences at our local Starbucks, called The Daily Buck. I started a blog the other day about Cassette Mix Tapes, called MixMaster Matt. For the first time in a long time, I feel as if creativity just flows through me with no effort, or should I say resistance.

Life is grand.

1 comment:

Britt Brannan said...

Doing really great job. Lot of thanks for being there to help us.

Your sincerely
Computer Repairs Los Angeles